[DML] Re: 0-88

Neil Blaze asked:

> Just how long does it take a D to reach 88 mph. I was watching BTTF not
> too long ago and noticed that the D seemed to take forever reaching
> that speed of 88.

You must have been watching the scene when Marty was being chased through the parking lot.
Remember, parking lots were not designed for this type of driving!

Hypothetically, if you *did* manage to accelerate to 88 mph in a Civic or Camry (or VW van)
within the confines of a parking lot, you would probably not have room to stop or turn before
you smashed into something. It takes a sports car (e.g. a DeLorean) to handle this type of
driving.

Please take my word for it. Do not test that hypothesis at you local mall.

I didn't use a stopwatch, but I think the most accurate 88 mph scene of all three movies was
the first one, when the DeLorean was driven by remote control. It only takes a few seconds.
That looked like a pretty accurate depiction of DeLorean acceleration to me.

- Mike Substelny