[DML] is there a doctor in the house

well, it happend. my Delorean won't start for the first time with me
as owner. i was driving it and noticed that the tackometer was jumping
but the engine wouldnt over rev or anything. i noticed that when i put
my brights on, the tack would go back to normal but when i released the
tack would jump again. i decided to park it in the garage and come
back to it later. about 4 hours later i went to go take it for another
spin and NO power...nothing. nothing would turn over, nothing happend.
so i tried to jump start it. i got the engine to turn over but not
start. so i put a battery charger on the and left for a while. a
couple hours passed and i thought maybe it will start now. it turned
over a couple times but no start. then i tried to turn it over again
and it doesnt even do that...it just "ticks" really fast. like the
sound of the starter or something. can anybody tell me what to do? is
it just a bad battery or is it more than that? thanks for the help

erik geerdink
vin 4512
plate EGGS D