[DML] Re: A/C water leaks

Hi Michael,

I have been in this situaiton several times.  The drain tube is a small flexible hose that drains out next to the A/C accumulator - under the passenger-side fender.  Don't scare yourself with visions of ripping out the evaporator, this *probable* solution will only take five minutes!  Just go by your local "do it yourself" car wash or petrol stationand park the car by the vacuum.  Plan ahead - you will probably need to rig something to stop up one side of the vacuum end, as the tube is quite small compared to your typical commercial vacuum pipe - shop towels worked for me.  Then cram the A/C drain tube into the nozzle of the vacuum and cough up a few quarters.  You will hear the water being sucked right out!  Dry the carpet and you're set.  Just be sure to do this every summer or so or it might come back.

An alternative is to blow compressed air into the drain, but the vacuum solution worked MUCH better for me.  Hope this helps!

Travis Graham

My A/C is leaking water from the evaporator box all over the passenger carpet.  Is ther a way to clean out the drain line without tearing apart the evaporator box?  I believe the drain line goes out somewhere under the floor pan but inside the frame enclosure.