[DML] Re: Stainless Steel Cleaners

I am surprised that NetCare would darken the color if it is truly a
water based product. Most of the cleaners I have tried are Oil based,
and I am very unhappy with the results. The oil film left over darkens
the color, and attracts dust and pollen. I would guess that NetCare (I
have never used this product) does have some oil in it.

I have used a cleaner by "Sysco" that is water based, but has oil in
it. While it is not as bad as the totally oil based products, it still
leaves a oil film behind.

The WORST cleaner I have found had been the "Zep" Product sold at Home
Depot. (I have 2 cans of it, if anyone wants them!)

As far as washing the car goes, I have used some mild abrasive cleaners,
and powders. All seem to work the same, and very well. The drawback is
that they require water. I would love to have a aerosol spray that can
be used at car shows. Michael Pack had some stuff that worked well and
the DeLorean Mid Atlantic door adjustment this year, but I have been
unable to find the stuff anywhere myself.

Until I find something better, I am going to stick with the mild
abrasive cream/powders, and Windex for fingerprints at shows.

When I purchased my delorean, I purchased a bottle of cleaner from
PJGrady. He said it was what was used for dealer prep back in 81. I
still have not tried it, because I am not sure how to "use" it. I also
purchased some aerosol cleaner from him. As far as the aerosol cleaners
go, it is one of the better ones I have tried but it still leaves a bit
of oil behind.

Has anyone used the "secret Formula" sold by DMC Houston? It was
mentioned in one of their mailings commercial mailings, but that was the
last I heard of it.

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx