[DML] Snow performance

I know a lot drive their D's in the snow, as they are daily drivers.  Personally we have little here (Northwest) but when we DO have snow, I leave the D in the garage.  (I am more afraid of the other guy).  However I often wondered how it would be, as I have had 46 cars in my life (age 78) and have had every configuration.  Four wheel drive, front wheel drive, rear engines...mid engine..you name it.   My old 36 Cord Front wheel drive was terrible in the snow.   I had a 3 cylinder DKW Front wheel drive that was pretty light and it seemed to do fairly well.   I had several little Fiats...all rear engine and rear wheel drive..  They were excellent inthe snow too.  I still have a mint 65 Corvair, which incidentally is another six cylinder rear engined car (but there the similarity ends).  It is the best car we have ever had for ice and snow....that rear engine over therear wheels and with automatic just can't be beat.  We keep it partly because my wife says that is her winter car and she wont drive anything else in snow or ice.  I think the DeLorean with its wide tires might tend to skate more.....I only have all season tires on the Corvair and never have needed chains in the deepest snow.

For what its worth department.

Murray Vin: 05962 Lic: DMC-XII
Washington State