[DML] Re: Weight (was Engine Performance)

[DML] Re: Weight (was Engine Performance)

"gross" weight is the total weight of the vehicle with the maximum load
recommended by the manufacturer. Since this was a 2-seater. the factory
probably figured two 200 lb. people and 68 pounds of luggage or some other
combination adding up to that amount.

Look at the door plate of a pickup truck sometime. A lot of the full size
trucks will have really LARGE gross vehicle weights since they are designed
to haul stuff around.

Mark N
VIN 6820