[DML] Re: Left Lower Control Arm (and other "no longer available" parts)

[DML] Re: Left Lower Control Arm (and other "no longer available" parts)

Just how many of these expensive, rare, and "no longer available" parts
are there on the DeLorean. The more I hear and read about this the more
I'm beginning to think that a "good driver DeLorean", say between $10K
and $15K, is worth far more being parted out. Body panels, doors, glass,
and lower control arms alone would probably bring $10K selling them one
at a time. James, do you have any idea how many parts listed in the
DeLorean factory parts manual are "no longer available"? Being in the
DeLorean parts business I thought you might have an estimate. I know
that for much older and long obsolete antique cars in concours condition
most parts are nearly non-existent. If needed, replacements parts of all
kinds have to be made. That's why some of these cars are worth hundreds
of thousands of dollars and even millions. Do you have any idea what it
would cost to have a lower control arm made for a DeLorean? $500 might
pay for a construction drawing. For a one-off I would guess at least
several thousand dollars.

Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)
Midlothian, VA