[DML] Re: air conditioner

For starters do not try recharging the system your self unless you are
certified in HVAC. If you are certified then: you should do the
following. If you are only wanting to check and charge the system then
you will only need to use the low side. Hook up your gauge. The
gauge should read about 83 pounds of presser(when the a/c is turned
off). Now start your car turn the A/C on max cool.
The gauge should now read 40 pounds of presser
NOTE:( do not put more than 40 pounds in your system you will run a
chance of locking up your compressor.) If your system reads less than
40 pounds then add r-12 slowly to the system being careful not to over
charge it NOTE: you will need to charge and check the systems
presser on the low side. The only time you should have to use the
high side is when recovering r-12. Just a reminder when connecting
your gauge be QUICK because freon will escape when you are hooking up
to your line.

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx

--- Begin Message ---
My air conditioner on my 81 DMC cuts in and out, probably indicating a
low charge condition.

Does anyone have the low & high specs on the charge required? I
require it to actually determine if the pressure is low so that I can
charge it up fully.

Thanks!

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address moderator@xxxx

--- End Message ---