[DML] Re: Cooling fan switch?

Rusk said:

> Could anyone tell me where to find the cooling fan switch please?

> My car is being worked on at the mo. and the mechanic on the
> case can't find it!

I assume you don't have a shop manual. Otherwise any mechanic should be
able to find this switch (actually it's not too hard to find even
without a manual). I assume by "switch" you mean the temperature sensor
that activates the relays that control the cooling fans. This sensor is
mounted on the cooling line on the driver's side of the engine
compartment toward the bottom.

It is definitely described in the searchable DML back issues on the
website. Because the subject comes up so often, I believe it is very
common to have trouble with this circuit, especially if your car still
has the original relays. That is why Rob Grady sells so many
Fanzillas. At the very least you should make sure your car has been
updated with the Fan circuit bypass (also described in the back issues).

- Mike Substelny

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx