[DML] Re: DMC-12

I read an account in one of the numerous DeLorean books that made it seem
like the car went through numerous badgings. The 12th version of the car was
the one that went into production. This is not to imply that it was the 12th
prototype as all of us know there were only 3 of those. I believe it was
William Haddad's book that addressed this and specifically refers to a DMC-10
and a DMC-11. Also, I thought $16000 was the target price for the DeLorean,
which still would have put it $3000 under the Corvette at the time.

I don't believe the bus would go for $80000. There was also a sedan in the
works, the DMC-24 and a truck, the DMC-44. I'm not sure where the numbers
came from for the truck and the bus. But it's hard to believe a pickup truck
would be priced at $44000 dollars in the mid to late 80's when it was
supposed to be released. If anyone knows about the badging for the truck and
sedan, I'd be interested in finding out.

Brian
VIN 1597

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx