[DML] Re: vacuum advance

Tommy,
The DeLorean vacuum advance units rarely go bad.
Check the following first:
vacuum hose routing
vacuum solenoid wiring & operation
idle speed micto switch

Yes, there is a way to remove the distributor w/o removing the intake
manifold.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: trusso@xxxx
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] vacum advance
> Date: Monday, June 28, 1999 8:12 AM
>
> i just got my delorean about 2 months ago. i took the entire gas system
down and relaced just about every thing. the car had been sitting for 10
years in someones garage and the fuel had turned into schalack. but put it
all back together again and it started right up. but i had no power, so i
removed the hose of the vacum advancement and boom full or great power. is
there any way to take off the distrubiter cap and distrubiter without
taking off the fuel distrubiter? is the vacum advance replaceable? thanks
tommy vin#5772

moderator@xxxx, not to the eGroups address shown

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx