[DML] DML: Mid-Ohio Raceway (humorous ending)

[DML] DML: Mid-Ohio Raceway (humorous ending)

A bunch of the DCO folks spent the weekend at Mid-Ohio Raceway for the
British Car Showdown and Concourse. All weekend long they held vintage
car races, and we got to see a wide variety of competition, from old
Formula One cars to retired NASCAR racers, compete for awards. To
defeat the 90 degree heat our eight DeLoreans found a spot on the
infield under a big, shady tree.

At Saturday's showdown we saw a lot of wonderful British cars.
Nautrally our DeLoreans were the hits of the show. At Sunday's All
Marque Concourse we saw a pair of Renault Alpines (DeLorean cousins)
including one from Cincinatti (att. Ken Koncelik: this guy also has a
DeLorean and he says he knows you . . . both of his cars would look good
next year in Cleveland).

The best parts of the weekend were the parade laps around the race
track. Not only was it a lot of fun to drive, but the sight of our
DeLoreans rounding banked turns provided us with great photo
opportunities.

HUMOROUS ENDING:
During Saturday's British Car Showdown my wife, Patti, and I visited the
vendor's area. We saw a huge variety of British car parts, but alas, no
DeLorean left front fenders. We dropped by an automotive book dealer
with a huge display of books on Jaguar, MG, Austin, Lagonda, etc.. His
collection was extensive and many of the books were quite old. As I
browsed, Patti spoke to the vendor.

Patti: "Excuse me, sir. Do you have any books about DeLoreans?"

Vendor: "DeLoreans? Now there's an interesting car! There have been a
few books about DeLoreans and I keep them all in stock in my shop. But
I didn't bring any of my DeLorean books today. For your information,
young lady, this is a *British* car show!"

Me: "(Uh-oh!) Would you like a lemonade, dear?"

I could tell that guy came within ten seconds of getting the front clip
of an Austin-Healey shoved up his nose.

- Mike Substelny

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address to moderator@xxxx, not to the eGroups address shown