[DML] Re: D as a first car?

Hmmm....Betting on getting that money soon are you?? Watch out, she'll
probably live 'til you're 35 or so! Plus, all this planning on what you'll
do when she passes away is just a little rude and shows a serious lack of
feeling and respect!!

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend it as a first car. They are around 18 years
old after all, and some repairs are going to be needed at various times as
with any older car. You should have enough money to do these repairs
*right* when needed so that the car will maintain it's original value and
continue to be something you want to drive for years. If you spend all your
money purchasing the car then you won't have any money for repairs.

Just my $.02

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 05:54 AM 6/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone reccomend have a DeLorean as a first car? That's what I'm
planning/hoping on doing. My great-great aunt has been somewhat of a
"penny-pincher" for a LONG time. She's got a lot of money, but won't spend
it. And when she passes-on, the money will be inherited by other family
members. She said that I'm supposed to inherit $12,000. Now, that's pretty
much a DeLorean. (Of course, I might save up for a while and put more
towards it; following the rule "You get what you pay for")
>One of the main problems is my dad. I wouldn't exactly call him a DeLorean
enthusiast. I've pumped so much information and "success" stories about Ds
into him, I've run out of them! Any time I bring up the subject, he seems
to drop it with a joke on the D. For example, he said the $12k wouldn't
cover the repairs for one. And when I said I wanted a custom licence-plate
for it (Like "NO TIME", "DMC-12", or "AT88MPH"), he suggested "JUNKER"

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews