[DML] Re: Soon-to-be owner seeks opinions

[DML] Re: Soon-to-be owner seeks opinions

Ryan,

IMO a car with 62k would be a good car to buy. It probably has all the
updates and the bugs should be worked out. I have a D w/ 101,000 miles and
use it as a daily driver. However, I have a back up just in case something
goes wrong ('95 T/A that has come in handy) The best advice I can give is
to do all the work on the D yourself. Don't take it to the local garages.
(However, if you have a prob and can send it to a DeLorean service center
that's completely different.) The D is an easy car to work on (I'm not a
mechanic by any means so if I can work on it , anyone can) and I've found
LOTS of things wrong with my D that was caused by 'local shops'. (No flames
please! I know that there are some good 'local shops' out there, I just
can't seem to find one in my area) Besides no one will take care of your
car like yourself. After I started fixing things myself, I haven't had any
serious problems out of my D and it has become very dependable. ( I should
also pay homage to Scott Mueller for his help with my car as well) The
DeLorean has a large support group and if you have any problems, chances
are, someone has had the same ones and can lead you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,

Duke
www.geocities.com/motorcity/8952/delorean.html