[DML] Re: 106004 Brake Servo Access Panel

Tom Mickel VIN3772 wrote:

> The 106004 Brake Servo Access Panel in my car has 3 holes drilled in the center. I think that this is a modificaton and there should only be holes around the perimeter. Does this sound correct?
No - should not be any holes

> Also, several of the threaded aluminum fasteners that the screws for this
panel screw in to are gone. I can manufacture them but does anyone have an
alternative (the entire panel was silicone sealed in place by previous owner!)?
You can get the aluminum RivNuts, aka NutSerts, from the DMC suppliers for
about 50cents each. The really hard part is finding a metric installation tool
for them. If you're not a purist, convert to standard threads. The tool is available from bodyshop supply places.

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews