[DML] Re: DML: 5 Year Coolant, Take II

Hi Mike,
Thanks for that info, it is what I was looking for. I assume then that
it is the Prestone brand. I will look into getting mine changed and insist
on a very thorough flush job. I am 78 years old and don't bend as well as
I used to, so hire most things done, although I have done everything you can
name to cars and engines over my lifetime. I am good at supervising tho.
Ho Ho. Joe says my mileage would indicate that my present antifreeze is
still within its limits. Also got two notes from others who say when they
bought their cars brand new it had this same bright blue coolant in it! I
have not found out just what brand it is yet, but one of them said his still
has it in it. Yes, I know about the corrosion etc, so want to get it
changed quickly. Thanks again.
BTW by any chance can you give me any info on draining and refilling the
coolant properly. I see your input on here quite often and thought you
might know this. I remember in the olden days we used to drain the petcock
on the radiator and then another one on the block itself in order to get all
the old coolant out. I might mention that I have the mod in my cooling
system where a by pass tube goes from the upper engine center rear, to the
"front" of the plastic reservoir. I got this from the Pacific Northwest
Club in Seattle, Wa, who have developed it. It works great and no problems.
Re Joes comments, I would think that TIME would be the constriction
rather than MILEAGE, but who am I to know!
Murray Vin:5962 Lic:DMC-XII
murrayf@xxxx

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews