[DML] Frame Rust Problem and Solution...

[DML] Frame Rust Problem and Solution...

For my weekend project I decided to do a little sanding and repainting of my Ds frame. I found, though not too surprised, a few rust holes forming on the bottom of the frame. ( Click HERE to view ) Correct me if I'm wrong but these areas are more plating than structural (like I said they are just small holes on the bottom) and I plan on plate welding the areas to fix the problem for now. The only area that concerns me is a rusted out area on the drivers side rear suspension tower. This area is on the top side of the section right to the left of the oil pan. To my guessing it looks like it in itself is not structual, but the area around it is. Should I just plate weld that area or should I consider rebuilding or replacing that frame segment instead??

Raymond McKay
Network Administrator
Funnybone Interactive

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews