[DML] Re: Rain? (Fuel Pemp)

In a message dated 6/11/99 11:11:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wiltzius@xxxx writes:

<< Is there really water being channelled to dump on top of the fuel
pump? (as Mike said) Where do I look for the solution to this problem
and is it worth fixing (is it an expensive repair considering I
never intentionally drive my car in the rain)?

I had this similar problem with my DeLorean. Water had gotten on top of the
fuel pump and corroded the contacts where the wires are attached. Although I
had no problems I replaced the pump and the rubber sealing ring. The fuel
pump outer cover shrinks with age and causes water to be able to penetrate to
the top of the pump. No water had gotten into the tank and the sealing ring
was still tight and like new. I would highly recommend checking your outer
top cover to the pump to see the top of the pump where the two wires connect
with nuts. If there is water there it will be corroded and it is only a
matter of time before you will encounter problems.

Gary W. Gore
Activities Director
DeLorean Mid Atlantic
VIN 3360