[DML] Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival

Greetings friends,

A few months ago a friend of mine suggested that I try to get a few of
my D buddies to come out to Ponchatoula when we have the local Strawberry
Festival. The idea was to attempt getting Ds into the parade and the car
show that is held every year.

The Strawberry Festival is the largest FREE two day festival in the
state of Louisiana. This festival takes place in the month of April. I do
not know the set date yet. It draws in crowds in excess of 225,000 each
year. Lets show these people what a D is!

I have already talked to a woman named Kathryn Rinker who is a member of
the Ponchatoula Chamber of Commerce. She has assured me that if I can get
the participation from my fellow DMLers that we will make it into the parade
and that there will be a reserved (and secure) parking place for the cars.

I am hoping that we can make this a Strawberry Festival to remmember for
many people who have never seen the D. This is a family event and it may be
a easy way to pull your families onto a little DeLorean trip.

If we can get enough people to show up I will talk to Steve Wynne of DMC
and see if he would like to come out and give a tech seminar to the owners.

For info on what the festival is all about visit
http://www.ponchatoula.com/strawberry/index.html

Please try to email me if you would like to be part of this event. I need
to get a number of the people that would like to have their cars in the
event. Email me directly at SteveDMC@xxxx
I will try to call Kathryn Rinker by next week letting her know how many
people would like to attend.

Thankyou for "Living the Dream"
Steve Rice

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews