[DML] Re: N. Cal show on May 16

> Congratulation to Ken and the rest of the No.Californian Delorean owners
who
> got together in Dixon. There was a quick glimpse of the Deloreans on the
> channel 3 news (KCRA-Sacramento), on their coverage of the show. I wish I
> could have been there with the rest of you, Dixon is only 8 miles from my
> house, unfortunately my D is in LA being repaired.
> -SweatyEddy

Just thought I'd give a little report on the show.. I'm sure Ken will chime
in and give greater detail about the show, but here's the quicky rundown...
Ken Montgomery, Lee Seiler and I had the three D's at the show. It was
loads of fun to shoot the breeze with Ken, Lee and their wives.. I managed
to take my D from Eugene, OR all the way to Dixon, CA (about 1100 miles
round trip) without any problems... Not only was it the first show I have
taken my D to, but it was the farthest I've taken it out of town! Very
scary at first, but it ran like a champ... And when I got home after driving
all day there was no signs of cramping or fatigue normally associated with
long drives in "modern" cars.. Anyhoo, Ken's car has to be the best looking
D I've seen in person and Lee's car had some great add-ons (hand-tailored
dash cover, 5-point seatbelt on the driver's side and a really cool
preheater hose sleeve!). It was a blast! I can't wait to get together with
some owners from this area at some shows this summer (hint hint Oregon
owners!!!). Ken, of course, got 1st in class and I edged out Lee for 2nd
(most likely because Lee was sitting in the shade while I was running around
telling people to vote for me!! <g> But I have a full-body sunburn and
Lee's probably sitting at home quite comfortably not covered in aloe!!)

- Dave

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews