[DML] Re: fuel pump/ lambda

yugoman,
The fuel pump fuse melt down is common to all DeLoreans, if your fuse has
melted DO NOT REPLACE IT WITH ANOTHER. The replacement fuse will also melt
in time. Go to your local Radio Shack, Auto Zone, or any auto parts store
and purchase a "heavy duty" in-line fuse holder. Pull out your fuse block
and cut the wires going to fuse # 7 and connect the in-line fuse holder in
its place. Be sure that your splice connections are secure and tight.

The Lambda light does not have a test function, as mentioned by another
list member the lamp illuminates when the Lambda counter reaches 30,000
miles.

Before replacing the blower motor be sure that it is receiving power. With
a 12V test light check the red feed wire for voltage, go through all speed
settings. If there is no power at all speeds than your problem is related
to switching, circuit breaker or relays. If there is voltage be sure the
motor is properly
grounded, if it is, than the motor needs to be replaced. If you need
further assistance email us directly.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

> From: yugoman <mdrig@xxxx>
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] fuel pump/ lambda
> Date: Tuesday, May 11, 1999 11:19 AM
>
> My car wouldn't start for a couple days, today I finally got to look
under
> the dash (now I know where the inertia switch is!), but that wasn't it.
Got

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews