[DML] Re: Painted DeLoreans...

In a message dated 5/10/99 7:56:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, KayoOng@xxxx
writes:

<<
I am not sure if this statement is true. I maybe wrong, but as I remember
there were a few cars painted by the factory. One of those cars was issued
to a member of Mr. JZD family? I maybe wrong, anyone out there with more
info on this car or the other factory painted cars? >>

Technically speaking,Delorean was working on painted Deloreans,but not
"painted Deloreans" as such he was working on translucent cars,ie so that the
stainless steel finish showed right through the paint,sorta the same way as
stained wood,you see a color,but you also could see the natural wood grain
finish,from what I understand the pigments in the "paint"could not hold up to
the elements and failed miserbly,and as far as I know none of those cars were
ever released to the general public.

Claude
Vin #000570

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews