[DML] hallo "the list"

Hi y`all on the DeLorean Mailing List,
As this is my first post to this list, i`ll introduce myself. My name is
Simon, i`m a 28 year old PVC window designer, living in a sleepy little
town in the centre of Northern Ireland.
I guess i`m just on this list to hear all the gossip about the world`s
most beautiful car, manufactured right here in our little country, but
also, to tell a little ironic tale which happened to me a few days ago.
Living in N.Ireland, a lot of people i encounter on the Net, believe that
there are quiet a few DeLorean`s driving around here, but sadly, that ain`t
the case. Having been a fan of the car since its launch, i never actually
got to see a real one, that is until i decided to plan a visit yesterday,
to The Ulster Transport Museum, just outside of Belfast. I knew there was
one on show there, along with a prototype (circa 1980), so i planned a
quick trip over with my fiancee (better late than never huh!). That was
yesterday, Sat 8th. But heres the irony. Having waited since the early 80`s
to see this elusive car, i wandered out of our local pub on Friday
afternoon, only to find a DeLorean, parked on the street. California
plates, but no flux capacitor ;). *Bliss*. Even managed to get a
photograph. Two different DeLorean`s in two days huh. Not bad for someone
who waited 20 years.

Out of interest, i have a sister who lives in Dunmurry, right in front of
the old DeLorean plant (now "Montupet"), and my eldest sister did a bit of
legal work for a company called "Coopers & Lybrand", who represented
DeLorean after their demise. She even managed a drive around the test track
at Belfast in late 1982, just as the last remaining cars were being shipped
to the US. (she only went there to leave off some documents, a friendly
mechanic chauffeured her around the track :)

Simon

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews