[DML] Re: Interesting Clutch Problem

Joe,
I'm a little confused myself! What I mean is that you cannot engage the
clutch pedal (therefore disengaging the engine from the wheels) unless you
press it all the way to the floor. Second, I'm not sure exactly what he did,
but when I took my car to Bauerle he noticed this problem, except then it was
always like that, and didn't change when it warmed up. He told me that he
could fix this by manually raising the clutch pedal about an inch up from it's
regular position. This wouldn't actually adjust the position of engagement,
but it would raise that set position up from the floor. It doesn't matter that
the pedal is an inch higher than the other two, because obviously you never
transfer your left foot from the clutch to either of the those. Like I said,
it worked for a good three weeks, but now even though the pedal itself is still
an inch higher, it won't engage until you get to the floor again. However,
when it warms up everything is fine.
Do I need to go back to Bauerle and have him fix it again, or is this a new
development, unrelated to that adjustment?
Thanks for your help,
Josh
VIN 5102

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews