[dmcnews] Introduction

---------------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
Date: 4/12/99 12:23 PM
From: dmcnews-digest-approval@xxxx
To: espey@xxxx

>From espeyj@xxxx Mon Apr 12 15:23:27 1999
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:20:02 -0500
To: dmcnews-digest@xxxx
From: Mark Noeltner <mnoeltne@xxxx>
Subject: Introduction

Hi,

I just bought a DMC a few weeks ago, and just received my first DMCNEWS
digest, so I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Mark Noeltner and I
live in central Illinois. My wife and I just bought #6820 (5 spd, grey)
from a local classic car dealer (for a very fair price). It had 3480 miles
on it when I picked it up and it is in very good shape. All I can really
identify that needs to be done are a replacement radio antenna (mast is
broken), the louver has a crack that looks easily repairable, and the
drivers window doesn't move. Beyond that, I plan to replace some of the
hoses and belts as the majority of these are 18 year old originals, and
I'm
replacing the tires since my wife says she'll feel safer on new rubber.

I have these questions to start with. First has anyone got a trailer hitch
for one of these? I have a bike rack that mounts in a 1-1/4" receiver
hitch
that I would love to use. I hate body mount racks. In searching the
archives I saw that Mr. Espey had asked this question, but I never saw a
reply. Any help on locating a custom shop (preferably in the midwest, or
one that already has the measurements) would be helpful.

Second, are the original NCTs worth anything? I figure someone may be able
to use them for shows. They are in very good condition with no visible age
cracking and have most of the original tread depth. How much is a set of 4
worth?

That's it for the moment. Happy motoring!

Mark Noeltner
VIN 6820

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dmcnews