[DML] Re: Problems Installing Door Lock Actuators...Any Help?

[DML] Re: Problems Installing Door Lock Actuators...Any Help?

You may indeed have to repair the door lock module but I would suggest
that you do a through and exacting adjustment of the door locks and
the locking pins. In all probability the origional solenoids didn't
work right because the doors were forced closed and or locked at some
point. This can cause the module to also be damaged trying to lock the
solenoids when the door locks are not both in the 2nd locking
position. Replacing the solenoids and repairing the module will not
overcome any misadjustments in the doors. The full procedure is in the
Workshop Manual as it is too long to explain here. It is VERY
IMPORTANT that both door locks on each door work in unison and both
are in the 2nd locking position when you attempt to lock the doors. If
they are not the door locks will not work properly and you will bend
and force things out of adjustment. It does work the other way too so
it is possible the module burnt up and took the solenoids with it. In
any case you really should at least check the adjustments when
replacing the solenoid with an actuater (or solenoid). The Delorean is
a little unique in that there are 2 locks on the door and they have to
work simultainiously. Kind of like some rear cargo hatches.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757