Re: [DML] Desperate--Need Advice On Using DC Power Converter

Re: [DML] Desperate--Need Advice On Using DC Power Converter

Hi Lauren,

I've used a 300 Watt inverter for some time now.  Unfortuneately it just plugs into the lighter.  Depending On what you have, you could simply get a couple of large alligator clips at Radio shack and come right off the battery - there is some advantages to it's location.  The inverter should have protection in it so you would not need to worry too much about it, just don't pinch the wires!

The only other advise I could give is to make sure you have enough power - Look at the system you want to plug in, and make sure it's less than 140W - if not, you'll need something larger.  The 300 Watt I picked up was from Wal-Marts - works great and was less than Radio Shack!

Have fun!