RE: [DML] 108388 Headlight Switches (Reproductions)

RE: [DML] 108388 Headlight Switches (Reproductions)

Group, I want to make a comment about the headlight switches and I hope some
people don't take it the wrong way.
I offered financial help to Houston in the come back of the headlight
switches about 1 to 2 months ago and was refused. I told Houston I had a Fix
for the headlight sitting in the background and if they didn't want to go in
and bring it back then I would then introduce the fix. They declined.
Now that I have offered up the Headlight Switch Fix they are wanting you the
customer to split the bill for the new switches which I don't think is a bad
deal for you if you need a switch. It Cuts down on them having to support
the whole project since they refused my involvement. Yes, The Delorean
community needs the headlight switches back for the one's of you that your
switches have melted and you have had to come up with some other type of
creative idea.
I also have a company that has a plug in replacement that will work and
look's almost identical, but again I will put it on hold pending what
Houston is going to do.
It's interesting they say one thing and do another and if someone comes up
with a better mouse trap they want to jump on another wagon. I just hope
some engineering time goes into it better than some of the other items they
have introduced and are having problems with. I won't name all of them.
But, Here is the problem, The new ones will also melt down and be rendered
useless. The Headlight Switch Fix or some kind of by pass for the current
load that I came out with when installed will let the switch last forever .
The mechanical part of your headlight switch I can fix with no problem as
long as it hasn't melted, it's the current draw that has to be bypassed to
fix it.
So, the moral of the story is to order a new headlight switch and a
Headlight fix and then you will be set. If your switch is good then all you
need is the Fix and again you will be set.
John Hervey
    http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/modifications.html