RE: [DML] Fan fix Relay......Question which one???

RE: [DML] Fan fix Relay......Question which one???

> Ken #02700 Said:
> Always call the people who repair DeLoreans not just talking
> about them, like (Rob Grady) and (Don Steigler)or (Houston)
> it doesn't cost anything but a phone call and these people
> have real shops and people to help you.

I'm out of lurk-mode because I'm concerned about a comment I am hearing more
frequently, and which I feel does a great disservice to a lot of
highly-respected people in the DeLorean community.

The implication (whether intentional or not) seems to be that if a person
doesn't own a "real" DeLorean repair shop, their knowledge and opinions
about DeLorean parts and service are somehow flawed (i.e. they are "just
talking about [DeLoreans]").

I don't mean to trivialize the knowledge gained by owning an automotive
repair shop, and I do value their opinions.  However just because a part
vendor (with or without a repair shop) recommends a part that they are
familiar with, trust, (and hopefully make a good profit on), that doesn't
necessarily make other people's parts, knowledge, or opinions irrelevant.

Personally, I would like to thank all of those who have provided me with
parts, knowledge, and opinions (both on the DML and off-list). You've helped
me to form my own opinions and to make informed decisions.

Thanks!

Gary
IN2TIME