Re: [DML] The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer

Re: [DML] The PRV-6 to Northstar Transfer

According to the info I heard, the V6 version weighs much less than the PRV.
My friend suggests that using the NSTR:V8 adds so much extra weight, that
the extra
horsepower will be cancled out when you do the math.
My buddy, (TD at Turbo-Boss) suggests to install the V6 and do a twin turbo
which
will produce over 400 HP.
He says the car would spin doughnuts in seconds.
This would reduce the original rear weight by up to 80 pounds and 3 times
the power
of the original PRV.
TD wants about $16,000 to do this conversion with the Turbos, and the
turnaround
would take several months.
However, this would be one of the fastest Deloreans on the street, it would
get awesome
gas milage and could be easily repaired by any GM shop from now on.
This engine also runs cooler and is fuel injected.
I will definatly have this done eventually.

As for the purists, if you want the car as a collector put it on display
with ropes around it.
If you want to use this car as a CAR then do what you need to.
No one other than someone who really knows the car would notice the engine.
What they will notice is that you would toast most any car off the line.
Wouldn't it be nice if the car performed as good as it looks?

- Videobob
VIN#5278