Re: [DML] how do i remove my front grill and facia

Re: [DML] how do i remove my front grill and facia

Hi Simon,

I just did an article for DCS on the procedure...but specifically, to
get the front grille off, (unless a former owner screwed it in, like one
I heard about recently) you should be able to stick a screwdriver in
between the grille and the fascia and pry it out.  There are just pins
holding it in place.  If it doesn't look like it's seated right...check
carefully to make sure that the last guy didn't try and attach it in a
different manner.  You don't want to wreck the grille, as it's a $367 part!

It is easier to fix the eyebrows with the fascia off, but it can be done
without going to that extent.  You simply stick a piece of 3/8"D x 1/8"H
x the length of the fascia aluminum strip in there above the headlights
and behind the little lip in the top of the fascia.  We epoxied and
screwed our plates in for extra support.  If you screw them in, put the
screws in the center, above the grille so they won't show up when the
car goes back together.

You may need to use a heat gun/hair dryer to reform the fascia around
the new strip, if your eyebrows are really bad.  Just be careful not to
damage the paint.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions,
Josh

(Fascia painting round 2 scheduled tentatively for this Sunday...for all
of you waiting for refurbished fascias!)