[DML] Buying a DeLorean

I have owned my DeLorean since 1985.  Steve Wynn and DMC Houston have
serviced it since 1988.  My "D" is now 23 years old and runs perfectly!
Steve and the DeLorean Motor Company of Houston are simply the best!

My car was originally serviced by a guy in Dallas named "Pat W....ly"
who basically used my enthusiasm for the DeLorean for a license to "rip
me off!"  I have never forgotten him telling me I needed a new tranny
(auto) and selling me one for $4000 and then taking nearly a year to put
in in.  When I picked it my car up I drove it out of the service bay and
to my surprise all of the old transmission was still in the car.  I
immediatley returned to the service bay and confronted him and he told
me that all they had to do was rebuild by tranny.  I demanded my parts
back and "guess what?"  He gave me the same brand new transmission on a
block that I had purchased and had shipped to him a year earlier!  The
same one that I had paid him $4000 to order.  The SOB just had my old
one rebuilt and I guess he intended to sell the new one.  It helps to be
a lawyer sometimes and to be your own client!  The SOB thought I was
stupid because I trusted him!  Bad mistake when dealing with "Southern
White Boys with an education!"  We get very belligerant and know how to
.. (explitive deleted).. you legally!  Really a bad combination!  Guy
still regrets knowin' me!

I have since used DeLorean Motor Compamny in Houston and Steve Wynn and
they are great and true professionals.  If you want a DeLorean then you
should call Steve and they will find you one.  My suggestion is to pay a
little more and get the best available.  These are great cars but they
must have the upgrades and the proper service.  My best advice is to
call DeLorean in Houston and let them guide you.  They are professionals
and honest.

Bobby Mims
Tyler, Texas