[DML] The DML

I just wanted to send kudos to this entire list and online community for
all the valuable information that comes across here. I'm still not quite
in the position to own my first Delorean quite yet, but with the welath
of knowledge and helpfulness of everyone here, i'm sure that the last
few years of my group subscription will make for a smooth transition
into being a well-informed owner.

It seems like there isn't really a problem that hasn't crept up that
hasn't been well-tackled among the people here. Everyone here is
obviously devoted to this car and maintaining and preserving it's
heritage and image. What's most fun is getting into offline
debates/arguments/conversations about this car to those who "think" they
know everything. It's a shining moment to "own" someone who spouts off
BS by the truckload. But i still feel the duty to maintain civility in
such conversations.

This is probably my favorite online community of them all.

While the DML is great for knowledge and problem-solving, It is still
lacking. Mostly due to the technical limitations of being a yahoo list.
There's no "live feel" to it. I've noticed a couple of online
messageboards but they seem sporadic in their nature of activity. I feel
that a great number more friendships could be made in such a community
where we could learn more about each other as people and not just
owners. But that's what (i assume) makes the gatherings more
interesting!

So that's all, really. Just sending an advance "thank you" to everyone
here for the dedication and service that's being done to preserve the
Delorean saga for years to come.

-Jeff Chabotte
Norwich, CT
http://www.88-mph.com <http://www.88-mph.com/>