Re: [DML] Carbureted PRV

I talked to Charlie several years ago at a DOA expo in Las Vegas. He showed
me his engine and explained what he did. Many years ago there was a company
that sold an aftermarket carburetor out of the back of magazines like
Popular Mechanics called the Fish Carburetor. It was a side draft variation
and was supposed to improve fuel economy and drivability. They weren't in
business very long but Charlie had one in his work shop so he removed the
"w" pipe from the front of the intake manifold and capped the ends. Opposing
holes were drilled across the valley in the center of the square intake
runners and a tube with an adaptor for the Fish side draft carb was
installed between the two intake runners. I can't remember how he capped the
injector ports. He had driven the car from Pennsylvania to Las Vegas without
any problems. I doubt performance was improved as the Fish carburetors
weren't know to be very good. I have a photo of it somehwhere. He sure
seemed to enjoy messing with things like that and it was fun to listen to
him tell all about it.

Bruce Benson

> Yes,  Charles Muffley in PA did.  Went to the salvage & obtained Volvo
> intakes & carb.  He reported getting 30-32 MPG highway.       > Stainless
Robert  VIN 6924