[DML] DELOREANS IN SYDNEY

Scott,

I'm the owner of the Sydney Harris Street Museum DeLorean.  Mine was in the
museum for about 10 years as a private exibit owned by a Sydney
doctor.  The DeLorean owned by Andrew Prentis was also at the museum but
only for a short time, put there on an interim basis by its previous owner
William Junkins, an American who had brought the car with him to Australia
from the US.  William's car was placed in the museum about 18 months after
the departure of mine.  Unfortunately I do not have too much praise for the
staff of the Sydney Auto Museum as my car suffered badly from lack of
upkeep.  It lacked preventative maintenance and was in pretty poor
shape.  Suffice to say, the DeLorean was a feature attraction of the museum
and featured in many of its promotional material.   The curator was quite
disappointed to see the car go and he rang me several times over the next
two years and asked if I would consider returning it to the museum.  I said
I was willing to return the car for special occasions only but not on a
permanent basis.

I moved to Queensland last year and the DeLorean is here with me, however
there is a likelihood that the car may go back to Sydney later in the year
as my son Rick is keen to take charge of it.

Site http://www.deloreanaustralia.com was written by Rick who had put as
lot of effort into the site.  However, in 2002 Rick joined the air force
and he didn't have the time or access to a terminal to continue the site's
upkeep.  Hence it was closed-down.  I will consider re-instituting it
within the next month or so.

I'm not quite sure of the exact number of DeLoreans in Australia, but I
would say that 15 is more accurate than 20.

Lance Haslewood
Queensland
Australia

Message: 15