      1. Re: Re: Engine Swaps and tranny questions
           From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxxxxxx>
      2. Water pump
           From: "deloreanz" <deloreanz@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Clarification: Re: loose bright lights
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Heater Hose Replacement
           From: "kenndeal" <kenndeal@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. Working in Fiberglass techniques?
           From: Vin 5386 <delorean_stainless@xxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Heater Hose Replacement
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Water pump
           From: billsfanmd@xxxxxxx
      8. BONK!
           From: "Kevin Abato" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. sharing car show experience
           From: "Eric Itzel" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Fuel system Help
           From: "deloreanz" <deloreanz@xxxxxxxxx>
     11. Lee Models
           From: Tom Watkins <dmctom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Fuel system Help
           From: "D F" <funkstuf@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 23:11:47 -0400
   From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Re: Engine Swaps and tranny questions

Uh, isn't power transfer the point?  That the input shaft give the torque
to the gears, the gears to the final drive, and then to the wheels?
If the swappers insist on using the renault transmission, replace or fix
parts until it's reliable.  Why bother adding horsepower if you can't use
them?

Jim

On Fri, 2 May 2003 09:28:43 -0700 "John Hervey" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Don, I think what I call the clutch shaft #103071 is the part that I
> have
> had broke on two standard transmissions. I have thought about
> beefing it up
> but the problem is then the torque is transfered to something else.
> To me
> it's never ending. I had a call a few weeks ago for a rear
> transmission
> mount. Not to be found. Then the problem just keeps getting
> transfered
> around.

Message: 2