      1. Re: cutting coils/lowering/suspension
           From: Master of Disaster <wlucke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Carson Clark <cnsandog@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Michael R Dixon" <investment@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Marc A Levy <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
           From: lovdmc12@xxxxxxx
           From: abatt10347@xxxxxxx
           From: "Michael R Dixon" <investment@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Mike & Ann Griese" <roscsyl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Dave Price" <davep@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "William H. Swilley" <billswilley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: BondAtomic@xxxxxxx
     13. New DeLorean Film Is Excellent
           From: senatorpack@xxxxxx
     14. Engine Cover help
           From: "Michael C. Babb, MCSE, MCT, MCP-I, CNA" <michael.babb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Horn replacement
           From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. WOW! The video is great!!
           From: Tamir Ardon <tamir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: Delorean restoration project, need some tips!
           From: danh@xxxxxxxxxx
     18. RE: DMC Engine Upgrade
           From: "Gus Schlachter" <gus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     19. engine swaps
           From: pressurerat@xxxxxx
     20. Re: cooling fans
           From: "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:49:54 -0400
   From: Master of Disaster <wlucke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: cutting coils/lowering/suspension

If you want my $0.02 (1), if you don't know what "camber" (2) is,
(A) you have no business messing with your car's suspension,
especially a modification that can not be reversed, like cutting coil
springs and (B) you do not realize how much there is that you don't
know.
      Go to <www.motorbooks.com> and do a search for "suspension". You
should come up with a few dozen or so hits.
      Look for "Chassis Engineering" by Herb Adams (3). It is about
twenty dollars and makes an excellent introduction to suspension
concepts and building or modifying suspensions.

William H. Lucke IV

(1)  And even if you don't
(2)  Or caster, kingpin angle, backspacing, scrub radius, virtual
swing arm, instant center, side view swing arm, anti-squat or
anti-dive, for that matter.
(3)  Or go directly here:
http://www.motorbooks.com/cgi-bin/show.cgi?index=1&catnom=119517&origq=p%3Dsearch%26title%3D%26author%3D%26keywords%3Dsuspension%26exact%3D%26catalog%3Dall%26page%3D41

>    Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 12:11:41 GMT
>    From: "Empress Ballroom" <empressballroom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: lowering
>
>Someone told me to cut 3.5 coils out of the rear springs and put them in the
>front and put the stock front springs in the back. Apparently this works but
>it is really bad for the suspension because you can't adjust the
>rear..."camber" I think is the word he used. So it is not a great option.
>Some of the other companies have adjustable rear suspension components that
>you can buy, they were on display at the St.Louis 1999 convention. Also, PJ
>Grady has shorter front springs that lower the front about 1.5 inches.
>
>-empress

Message: 2