      1. Re: Delorean Parts prices Then and Now
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: inner door seal seam / new headliners (another long one)
           From: "Jan van de Wouw" <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Prices!
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Delorean in People Magazine
           From: CIAsleeper22@xxxxxxx
      5. Molds/Body Dies
           From: "Michael  Quinto" <mquinto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: DeLorean Prototype
           From: Jack The Stripper <motti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Universal joint
           From: Jim Strickland <ihaveanaccount@xxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Delorean Parts prices Then and Now
           From: CBL302@xxxxxxx
      9. PJ Grady's Performance shocks
           From: petleech@xxxxxxx
     10. DeLorean Car Show Update
           From: kkoncelik@xxxxxxx
     11. Re: Universal joint
           From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Dealers
           From: "Andrew B" <Jumper_001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     13.  Used drivers side window regulator?
           From: njp548@xxxxxxx
     14. Re: Molds/Body Dies
           From: Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 14:47:23 -0700
   From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Delorean Parts prices Then and Now

Webster defines exotic as foreign or strange. I think the DeLorean qualifies
as both. Certainly it has no long racing heritage like some cars have but I
can guarantee that parked next to that $60,000 Shelby Mustang it will steal
all the attention. Actually the Shelby 500 wasn't a whole lot more than a
big engined Mustang that had a few after market items installed in Shelby's
shop. The '65/66 Mustangs were the true Shelby's. Perhaps it's because I've
worked for Ford long enough to have been there when the Shelby Mustangs were
marketed that I find it hard to consider the Mustang an exotic. In any event
IMHO the DeLorean offers more exotica for the buck than any other car out
there.

Bruce Benson

>But compared to the 1967 Shelby GT
> 500 (valued at over $60,000) or the right hand drive Rolls Royce (worth
who
> knows how much)I just don't consider the Delorean to be all that exotic.
> What about a Citroen? Or a Merkur? Are they exotics in this country?
>
> Please don't take this as a personal attack, all this has been building
for
> a while and I guess I'm just letting off some steam. I would be interested
> in anybody's feedback either off list or on.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Matthew D. Cooley
> DMC VIN 5524

Message: 2