      1. Re: Road noise
           From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Relay Sockets (was fires)
           From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Part desired... can ya help me out here?
           From: "Dan RC30" <Danrc30@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. DeLorean VINs
           From: BondAtomic@xxxxxxx
      5. Wet Carpet
           From: wmack <wmack@xxxxxx>
      6. Re: Diode in Lock Module
           From: Jan van de Wouw <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Re: Road noise
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Re:Delorean fires...
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Erratic Idling on warm-up. HELP.
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Re: Lambda System
           From: "chris" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Go Stainless @ HOME
           From: "doctor who" <ohwrd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Theory of operation (was Diode in Lock Module)
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     13. Help
           From: spooky312@xxxxxxx
     14. Dashboards and dashcaps
           From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:37:12 -0000
   From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Road noise

A word of caution is needed here. Do not install any materiel which
when heated could give off toxic fumes. Ordinary styrofoam can kill
you if you breath in the gases given off when it is only heated. Bad
enough you could have a fire you don't want to be knocked out from
the
fumes before you can get out of the car. On all modern cars the
materiels used in the interiors must pass certain combustion,
ignition, flame spread, and toxic gas tests. The best source for
noise
deadening materiel is Eastwood.com. They have all sorts of neat stuff
if you are into cars.The best place to start is on any large flat
surface to eliminate "booming" or the sounds of being in a drum. The
other best thing to do is to make sure all of the door seals are in
good shape to reduce wind noise. Make sure any openings in the
firewall are sealed too.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx, qrorell@xxxx wrote:
> If you look inside of the front door posts of most new cars you
will
see styrafoam is used for insulation.
>  It is the best and cheepest way to cut down noise. You can shape
it
any way you want to by using an electric knife. then fitting it into
the space. It can be purchased in blocks or flat sheets in any
thickness.

Message: 2