      1. Single turbo muffler
           From: "Dingo" <dingo@xxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: comparison
           From: "Robert Rooney" <dmcvegas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Mystery noise on shutdown
           From: nbrommer@xxxxxxxx
      4. DMC Owner Kindnesses
           From: Brian Henderlong <bhender1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: [New Owner Here] Re: delorean pricing, first time driver
           From: "William F. Lane" <blane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Power Lock Harness -Solved-
           From: Jim Reeve <ultra@xxxxxxx>
      7. RE: Power Lock Harness
           From: "Gus Schlachter" <gus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Relay Updates
           From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Control Pressure Regulator
           From: "jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx " <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Supercharger for Delorean
           From: XSongwrtr@xxxxxxx
     11. Re: Warming Up ??
           From: William T Wilson <fluffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:06:43 -0400
   From: "Dingo" <dingo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Single turbo muffler

Hello everybody.

    I need some advice.  I have a single BAE turbo.  The exhaust pipe that exits the turbo unit is approx... 3.5 inches in diameter.  This pipe is about 4 inches long and then is reduced to about 2.5 inches and is connected to the muffler and then a similar small diameter tail pipe.  Is this a necessary design?  I think that the exhaust is being choked off.  If I were to eliminate the pipe reduction and get a bigger inlet and outlet muffler, would I get more power?  Or would this not provide enough back pressure and I would lose any low end that I have?  Thanks for your ideas?

Rich

Message: 2