Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:47:33 -0500
From: Geoffroy Birtz <gbirtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: DML: RE: Pre buy check

Lubrication is your main concern. Change the oil ! A good idea is to put
tea spoon of oil
(two stroke preferably into the spark plug holes. put the spark plugs
back
in and don't connect them. turn the engine over slowly (you can actually
use a ratchet on the main pulley) or the starter. after several
revolution
you can try hooking it up. run it for about 15 minutes(idle), change the
oil again. This is probably the most important since lack of lubrication
is
going to cause the most damage.
There are other concerns. such as bad gas. Best to drain the gas tank and
put in new gas with conditioner in it.(If you're really zealous, you'd
take
the gas tank out and thoroughly rinse it !).
The injectors or probably gummed up. you could disassemble the ejection
unit and clean it.
Then there's the regular tune up stuff( wires, plugs etc..)

 Send postings to "dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
 Before posting, search the archives! www.dmcnews.com/search.html
 Thank you!