Re: [DMCForum] A possible source of the melted #7 fuse?

Re: [DMCForum] A possible source of the melted #7 fuse?

> Is it possible that the corroded wire could have created an
> arc which damaged the relay holder and then overloaded the #7 fuse?

No.  The circuit for fuse #7 is totally separate from the radiator fan
circuit.  DeLoreans were designed with many electrical gremlins.  What
makes
matters confusing is when more than one happens together.  Intuition
suggests that they share a causal relationship, and indeed they do in so
much as they were designed into the car by the same inexperienced
engineering team.  Along with fuse #7, also expect fuse #10, 14 & 15 to
melt
if they haven't already along with a few bad relays and breakers.

The first week I owned my DeLorean and met another owner, the first
question
for me was, "Have you had a fire in the relay compartment yet?"

Walt