[DMCForum] Re: New poll for DMCForum

Hummer invented by American Motors Company, to replace the Jeep in
military applications, following the fubar by Ford in their design of
the front suspension, leading to many accidents in Vietnam.

AMC makes own dedicated military division, AM General. Not supposed
to be related to GM, but certainly has VERY close ties to marketing,
and manufacturing.

H2 = Kit car with plastic front clip on a Chevy Tahoe chassis,
utilizing Pontiac Aztek interior trim panels, and a 1,400 lb.
skidplate, so that the GWVR meets the requirement for aggricultural
vehicles that are self propelled. And if you don't know what that
means, I'll be blunt: MORONS WHO BUY H2'S GET TAX BREAKS THAT COME
FROM FARM SUBSIDIES!

http://www.fuh2.com/

Don't get me wrong, I like SUVs. They're big, somewhat roomy, I can
tow stuff with them, can traverse poor roads/gravel, and don't have
to conform to as strict emissions laws as cars have. But H2s are
straight hazards on the road. Not just for the people they hit, but
the occupants inside as well. Children shouldn't have to suffer
injuries & trauma, just because mom and dad don't know how to control
a vehicle durring evasive, and emergency manuvers. Kill the interior
trim, and stop psychologicly babying drivers by making cuddly
interiors that are the equivalent of an nursury for grown-ups. Steel
dashboards, chrome gagues, and bolt on crash pads I say.

To hell with these cute-utes. Give me a '48 Power Wagon anyday. I'll
graft in A/C & a Cummins turbo diesel, and still get better gas
milage!

-Robert