What we are about & where we are going

Everyone,

Below is my answer to an individual's e-mail. To save some time, I'm
copying it here as my column for the day. I have not included the identity
or any text from this person because that isn't kosher according to
copyright laws.
-------------------------------
Thanks for your civilized opinion. I'm subscribed to the Bricklin list and
the DOC-UK list. The Bricklin list might be moderated, but I have posted
questions in the past that went though too quickly to make me think it was
moderated. The DOC-UK list isn't moderated and is always having some light
friendly discussions. This is stuff that I would like for Americans in
particular to be able to do but aren't allowed on the DML. Granted, my
car-related list experience is a lot narrower than yours, but the
experiences I've had with the people who run the other lists have been a
walk in the park compared to the DML. Sure, it looks like I started the
arguments, but when those moderators do their usual ego trip censorship
routine, it outrages me.

Anyway, those of us unhappy with the DML moderator misconduct went and made
a new mailing list. I don't intend for DMCForum archives to be of any value
because people post on the DML that their experience searching the archives
there is often fruitless as is my experience doing the same. Instead, those
of us in the new group are working on a project to put together useful
information gleaned from posts into an online tech manual that will have the
same basic format as a standard OEM service manual. As an example, see my
contribution to the DMCNews technical section about rebuilding automatic
transmission filters -- IF they haven't decided that it is off-topic and
removed it yet. And if they removed it for spite, I wouldn't be surprised
either. You haven't been reading the off-list exchanges we've been having.
Those guys have an agenda that is built around their ego. Sure, I have an
ego, too, but you can hit the delete button for yourself on the DMCForum.

Sure, there may come to be a lot of crap that makes it through the daily
e-mails on the DMCForum. But we are leaving it up to the individual on
whether he wants to open those e-mails. For the general non-posting public
who passively wants to read a sugar-coated source of DeLorean knowledge,
that is not what the archives or the daily e-mail exchange are for. We are
developing a free open-to-everyone online tech manual for that. If people
are reading the daily e-mails from any news group, they are doing it mostly
for "infotainment" value anyway unless they are looking for an answer to a
specific question they posted earlier. I believe that the DMCForum will
serve that purpose better than any other.

About calling me an eloquent whiner.... thanks for the compliment insomuch
as calling me eloquent. But saying that I am a whiner just the same sounds
like it is coming from the school yard like calling someone a tattle-tail or
a teacher's pet. Sure, some people may not like tattle-tails & whiners, but
I would rather associate with people who confess and speak their minds than
with the school yard bullies of whom I've had my share of growing up and am
now having another bout of the same with the DML moderators.

God bless,
Walt