rear louver latch

I'm having trouble adjusting my rear louver latch and would like to know if
anyone can offer any suggestions. When I got the car, the hook on the
engine cover that the latch hooks to was adjusted too high allowing the
louvers to rattle. I have adjusted this down as far as it will go, but it
is still not far enough. I even removed a small black rectangular piece of
plastic which lowered it even further, but the latch still has enough play
that I hear it rattle when waiting at red lights. Suggestions anyone?

Walt Tampa, FL