Re: [DMCForum] Barge vs Contact

My experience with Barge is different, Walt.   Of course, I'm in the
land of negative humidity so I have to ignore most package
instructions and do what I think would work best.  I never wait more
than a few seconds before I stick the two coated pieces together or
else the glue would already be dry.  Once together, I can move the
two sides around kind of like tektonic plates rubbing on each other
til I have them where I want them.  Sometimes I'll use a clamp or
just some pressure for a while depending on my attention span until
the bond feels solid.  Holding the pieces together with some sort of
pressure is the key......................LP

> > with Barge you have 5 minutes to move it around as
> > oppossed to Contact which mostly stuck where you put it
> the first time.
>
> Not necessarily true.
> Barge cement sets up just like any ordinary contact cement.
> The directions say to coat both surfaces & allow to become
> tacky.  Once two tacky surfaces touch, they are stuck!  But
> if you put the pieces together before they become tacky then
> you will have some time to move them around.  But then I
> don't think the bond is as good.

click here