RE: [DMCForum] Re: Driveable DeLo's vs Tucker Museum Pieces

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Driveable DeLo's vs Tucker Museum Pieces

I don't think you can really compare the two.  One is much more plentiful,
has parts available, and is within reach of many more people while the
other
is almost the exact opposite, and very rarely changes hands.  I understand
that a lot if not all of the parts for a Tucker are unique to only that
car
as well.  Previously I mentioned a similarity with lower control arm
problems with both cars.  If the one on a Tucker failed you would be doing
whole lot more damage to your wallet, not even considering what could
happen
to you.  I think it is up to the owner to decide what to do with their own
property.

There is even one Tucker out there where an owner apparently could not get
parts for it so he cut up the suspension and converted it to front engine,
rear wheel drive like other more modern cars of the era.  I have seen that
car change hands more than others but it is valued considerably less.

If one is of the Jay Leno mentality then you drive it and enjoy it,
restore
it when you need to, and keep driving it as that is what they are meant
for.
If I owned one I would drive it on occasion, but I would be very careful
about where and when I drove it, and I would also have an enclosed trailer
for it.  There are also De Lorean museum pieces and cars that are never
driven and only trailered.  Owning a Tucker is indeed on my list of things
to do.

Check out this link: http://www.tuckerclub.org/

Greg