RE: [DMCForum] Tucker Field Trip -- April 2004?

RE: [DMCForum] Tucker Field Trip -- April 2004?

>Impressed him as
>weekend project built by tinkerer in a barn (which coincidentally is
>what they basically were).

The Tucker prototype may have been built in a barn, but the fifty-one cars
were assembled in one of the largest buildings ever to cover the most
earth
at the time.

>Does anyone realize tremendous feat pulled off by DMC? Totally new
>design put through only a couple of prototypes, then off they went
>making saleable product in an untried factory with novice work force.
>Guarantee none of the Big 3 could have done it.

As much as I like each, I would have to say the Tucker was much more
'totally new' to the market, at the time of course.  I think De Lorean
also
provided many more cars for testing and destruction than did Tucker, as
during the 1940's there were very little to any required testing and they
broke ground in that area as well.

The Big Three could have done it, but it was cheaper for them to shoot and
ask questions later, as they did with De Lorean.  Too many similarities to
be dismissed.

>Also 75% plus survival rate is astounding, especially considering most
>are simply maintained, not preserved or restored.

Is the 75% referencing De Lorean?  The last figures I saw on Tucker was
forty-seven out of fifty-one were still in existence.  For those people
needing disclaimers, I am not knocking De Loreans, or Bill.

Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cf8lia3/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070692615/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=538356534>