[DMCForum] Re: Mechanical & Cosmetics (backfiring)

[DMCForum] Re: Mechanical & Cosmetics (backfiring)

> After my last
set of adjustments I only have the -occasional- little fart.

This sounds similar to what my car was doing during one of my fuel system
"episodes".  In this episode, I had a newly rebuilt fuel distributor that
was consistently running lean on the #2 port.  Acceleration was sluggish.
If I stepped on the pedal too hard then the engine would cough and
sputter.
(I understand this to be backfiring through the intake.  I wouldn't expect
to see flames coming through the air metering valve, but I understand that
the rubber bumper over it is there to catch it if a backfire pushes it
up.)
If I stepped on the pedal gradually then it would accelerate okay.  Once
at
speed, stepping on the pedal hard would cause a clattering noise.  All
this
cleared up once I installed another fuel distributor and found a
combination
of 6 injectors that consistently deliver the same amount of fuel.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.4074964.5287182.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1706996/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30509&media=atkins> click here