Re: [DMCForum] Re: pre-dentonation vs pre-ignition

Re: [DMCForum] Re: pre-dentonation vs pre-ignition

What you're calling "predetonation", I (me, not read texbooks on it)
call dieseling. And I doubt your engine will diesel if you retard it
enough, unless either your mixture is waay too weak, or your valve
timing's out.

Martin

content22207 wrote:

>OK: concede there's a difference between two and I may have been using
>wrong term. I had whichever refers to spontaneous combustion. Only
>showed up on hot engine, or when car was lugged in 5th (timed at 10
>degrees). Timed towards 13 engine never made a peep. Lost power band,
>however. Is no way to red line my engine timed at 13.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.4074964.5287182.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1732163/R=0/SIG=11n0nglqg/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30510&media=zone> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.4074964.5287182.1261774/D=egroupm